Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mari-Nay Diner & Bakery

Jim & Bill's Modern Mari-Nay Diner
Located 5 miles from Philadelphia in the heart of the Main Line District on the Lincoln Hwy. US Rte 30 near the King of Prussia interchange of the Pennsylvania Super Highway.

Mari-Nay Diner & Bakery   -   Lancaster Pike & Norwood Ave.   -   Rosemont, PA

I don't know enough about PA's roads to say if these diners are one and the same location. The illustrations certainly look like different diner cars. The top illustration bears some of the hallmarks of a Kullman car circa 1950 which are missing from the bottom illustration, namely, the "fluted" red porcelain with stainless steel trim  and the floor to ceiling glass blocks at the corners and near the entry.


4 comments:

  1. Same business, different diner car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother took me there as a kid. In the summer, the had a soft serve ice cream window on the side of St. Thomas. I have great memories of that place. I was sorry to see it close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was an altar boy at St Thomas. When I had the morning Mass when school was on I couldn't get back home for breakfast so she gave me 35 cents for pancakes and orange juice and probably a tip too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same diner. The old diner car was enclosed by a more "modern" exterior. It's torn down many years ago. The location is a McDonalds now.

    ReplyDelete